As a Software Engineer on the Alexa Distributed Machine Learning Platform team, you will help Alexa better-understand humans with each passing day.
Here at Alexa AI, the models that drive speech recognition and natural language understanding for Alexa require a massive amount of distributed computing power. Creating an efficient computational platform architecture that serves both experimental and production use-cases entails solving a wonderfully fun and challenging set of problems. We need well-intentioned and scalable software to secure, provision and distribute complex workloads on massively parallel GPU-accelerated computing clusters used by thousands of Amazon's Machine Learning Scientists and Engineers.
What you'll be doing:
· Writing code in Java and Python.
· Utilizing AWS Compute, Networking, Security, Storage, and Database services such as CloudFormation, EC2, S3, EBS, Lambda, AutoScaling, DynamoDB, and many more.
· Designing and Implementing ML-platform features that delight customers.
· Providing technical guidance on software design, architecture, patterns and practices.
· Helping your team self-organize and create software development processes and practices that will work best for you and your teammates.
· Building relationships with your customers, partner teams and the engineers on your team.
Your background and who you are:
· You have at least a few years of experience delivering high-quality, distributed and scalable software.
· You've made mistakes in the past and have learned a lot from them. You apply these learnings regularly.
· You believe there are generally multiple ways to solve a technical problem, each with different trade-offs. You don't typically think in terms of the "right" or "wrong" way to do something.
· You approach projects, tasks, and unknowns with curiosity, and enjoy sharing what you know and what you learn with the people around you.
· You believe that a team is strongest when it is diverse and includes multiple perspectives.
· You are able to put yourself into your customer's shoes, you frequently immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand how you can serve them better.