Description de l'offre
You already know that Amazon is best-in-class at delighting shoppers online, but how would you like to be part of the team that will build best-in-class *offline* experiences for Amazon customers? The Customer Geolocation team is ready to disrupt the offline identity space, and is looking for smart, experienced, entrepreneurial Software Engineers to help us grow our offline platform by working with multiple Amazon teams - Fresh, Alexa, Treasure Truck, etc. - building compelling new experiences that take the customer experience into the physical world. We are a platform team still researching and exploring emerging geolocation technologies, so if you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of a new project, this is the role for you!
You will be an experienced software development engineer who can work with ambiguity and handle significant scope independently and contribute to the development of a highly-functioning team culture. Specifically, we are looking for someone who can:
· Make smart design decisions, write solid code and build the cornerstones of our key platforms.
· Mentor our more junior engineers and drive technical and operational excellence in everything we do.
· Build end-to-end experiences for our customers, across multiple Amazon sites.
· Integrate & reuse the existing Amazon services to build fast and at scale.
· Be a role model of creativity in solving complex technical and design problems.
· Work closely with the business team to ensure we have the right products for our customers.
Please note that the rest of this team is located in Bellevue; flexible arrangements splitting time between Seattle and Bellevue are available.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one Object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#
· 1+ years professional experience in software engineering or its equivalent
· Good understanding of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills