Description de l'offre
Are you interested in changing the way Amazon understands products using images? Do you want to build platforms using computer vision and other ML technologies?
The Amazon Catalog team builds and organizes information from billions of products, ensuring that each product is unique, has detailed information, and relationships with other products to create better shopping experience for Amazon's customers. We are looking for an innovative and result-oriented SDE to enable internal teams to get insights from billions of product images using machine learning and computer vision.
Learning over product images and understanding the quality of content play an important role at Amazon. Our systems are used to improve a wide range of use-cases from product classification, facts extraction or detecting similar product images. Our projects involve solving challenges in large scale, distributed systems, and computer vision. You will partner with scientists and engineers to design, implement and launch ML applications based on business objectives, timelines and resource constraints. This is a unique opportunity the stand at the intersection of e-commerce, engineering and machine learning.
We are seeking a Software Engineer that is a technology leader and demonstrates exemplary practice in design and implementation of new services. You will drive solutions for a solid, scalable, efficient, and fault tolerant service. You will act as a thought leader to influence our overall strategy by helping define the product features, driving system architecture, and spearheading the best practices that enable a quality product. The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale on an ongoing basis and have a demonstrable track record for delivering successful products.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
· Develop services processing millions of images by leveraging state-of-the-art technology and ML algorithms
· Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determine current limitations, and introduce new concepts and methodology
· Partner with scientists and domain experts to launch machine learning applications in production
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering quality software on schedules
· Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science, or in a related field
· 3+ years of software engineering with full development life cycle
· Proficiency in one modern programming language (Java, Python, C++, …)