Description de l'offre
Do you want to shape the future of virtualized (SDN) networking in the world's biggest public cloud?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) VPC Packet Pipeline team owns the packet pipeline that runs right beneath all our customer's EC2 VPC instances, adding features like firewalling (security groups), billing and monitoring as we touch every single packet on every single host across our massive worldwide fleet. Our vision is to combine the performance of bare metal networking while maintaining all the benefits of the cloud, including delivering features not possible on bare metal i.e. true Software Defined Networking (SDN).
We are growing fast, and are looking for kernel/embedded C leaders who can deliver ultra high performance - our goal is to be processing millions of packets per second on a CPU core. This requires both being able to implement highly optimized data structures, but also low level (including by hand assembly and vectorizing) tuning to our hardware. If you have good experience in C/C++, and a passion for systems software engineering such as kernel or embedded development, then this is a unique opportunity to join us at day one of building the platform which is the basis for all new EC2 VPC features in the years to come.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Be very hands-on; work with the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
· Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 3+ years industry experience
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience developing in C or C++