The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who has a strong passion for security-at-scale. You will work on a small team dedicated to rapidly building new tooling and features to improve AWS Security capabilities. You will be dropped into an API-centric and data driven environment, develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture, and relentlessly drive incremental security improvements. You will work closely with our Threat Intel and Security Operations teams to build solutions to address pressing security issues.
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all of the services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and more than 40 others. This is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale.
If you only drink from fire hoses, can MacGyver your way out of a deep data well, and eat Task-Interrupts with syrup for breakfast, we’d love to hear from you. While you may not be a security expert just yet, you have a passion for solving security challenges in innovative ways.
Position can be located in Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA.
· Develop solutions to simplify the processing of massive amounts of data
· Design and implement data analytics systems for adversary detection, improving security incident response capabilities, and generally enhancing security situational awareness
· Rapidly prototype and incubate new security features and solutions
· Deliver high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift
· Mentor junior developers on the team to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers