Software Development Engineer, Amazon Lists
Ever wondered what's involved in owing a key feature on Amazon's websites across the globe that is actively used by hundreds of millions of customers? Does the opportunity of building and supporting the scale of business at Amazon fascinate you? If you answered yes, the Amazon Lists team is looking for engineers like you!
Customers think about shopping anywhere and anytime – while making breakfast, while driving home, at work, in the bus. They create lists for their personal use, to share with friends and family and to inspire other customers discover the millions of products Amazon has to offer. We strive to find new and contextually-relevant places to offer List functionality to continuously improve the shopping experience for our customers.
This Full Stack Software development position with Amazon Lists is a fit for someone who enjoys and thrives owning low latency, highly available services requiring strong problem-solving skills, has a solid computer science foundation, database experience, and takes pride in operations excellence.
Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. This role requires the ability to creatively deal with ambiguity, be data-driven and juggle cross-organization complexity. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
· Proficiency in, at least, one mainstream programming language such as Java or C++
· Experience with Agile methodologies, OO modeling, web services, NoSQL and relational databases and distributed systems