Description de l'offre
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate colleagues, this might be the role for you. Amazon's transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing world class customer experience – from checkout on the website, to shipment planning, fulfillment and delivery. Our software systems include services that use thousands of signals every second to make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience of over 100 million online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to help build our next generation transportation planning software for all EU middle mile transportation. This is an entirely new initiative and a very rare greenfield development opportunity which gives you the ability to come and shape Amazon's transportation services in Europe. You will build new services and experiences and will work with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will have an opportunity to work with a wide range of teams and services across Amazon.
If you are an experienced full-stack software developer interested in defining and delivering new services to help fuel the explosive growth of ATS then this is the job for you. The main focus of ATS is to account for all network constraints, while maximizing the number of shipments shipped, minimizing cost, providing a variety of delivery options, and maximizing delivery performance. We prefer software development engineers who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently. We value highly technical people who know their subject matter deeply and are willing to learn new areas. We look for individuals who know how to deliver results and show a desire to develop themselves, their colleagues, and their career. Your work will have a direct impact on the bottom line of our business while improving customer experience. Successful SDEs within this group are innovators who move fast, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down complex problems and making data-driven decisions, based on a rapid test and learn approach, that best serve customers. If big data, cutting edge technologies, automation and building intelligent systems excite you, if you love to innovate and deliver results, then we want you to be on our team. You will be responsible for building the transportation software that will improve the forecasting and planning of the fulfillment network as Amazon increases the speed and decreases the cost to deliver product to customers.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Proven object-oriented design and implementation skills (Python and Java)
· 4+ years professional experience in software development
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Proven understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
· Proficient in network, distributed, asynchronous and concurrent programming
· Experience designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving, and complexity analysis skills
· Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems