Description de l'offre
Amazon.com is looking for a proven Software Development Engineer for its Michigan-based subsidiary – Brilliance Publishing.
Are you looking to further develop your technical expertise and deliver world-class software applications leading up to a career at Amazon.com? Do you have a natural ability to combine software engineering theory with the practical experience necessary to build reliable, scalable, high performance solutions? If you possess the technical skills necessary to build and maintain innovative software applications and are a thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for learning new technology and enjoy innovating, you will love this job!
Join an organization that is reinventing publishing and put your expertise into practice with the latest technologies. Help us build out the next generation of software applications to support digital publishing with the same passion and customer-obsession that Amazon has used successfully to deliver new experiences for customers and authors.
Brilliance Publishing is a full service publisher with two publishing imprints, sales and distribution operations for Amazon-published print books, and audiobook publishing operations. Since our acquisition by Amazon in 2007, we have grown our team, added new businesses, and innovated in the publishing industry. We continue to build out web applications, mobile applications, machine learning, and voice recognition technologies to support our future business online, offline, and in digital. Our opportunities to deliver compelling content to Amazon and Audible.com customers, as well as customers not on Amazon, have not been greater. Come make history with us!
Here’s why you should come work with us:
• You get to work with a leader in publishing: Brilliance is a three-time Grammy-nominated publisher representing over 5,000 authors including Harlan Coben, Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts, and many more.
• You enjoy working autonomously in a mid-sized team and office setting while having access to and the backing of resources of a larger organization like Amazon.
• You will help establish the long-term software development vision for digital content management and delivery using Amazon Web Services cloud technologies.
• You will lead efforts to investigate opportunities, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
• You will own defining business requirements and features, and designing innovative digital publishing solutions.
• You want to leverage your experience as an experienced software developer and use your expertise to set the roadmap, not just follow it.
• You have exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of Computer Science, mobile technologies, and practical experience building customer facing products.
• You understand current device and mobile network features and constraints, and are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations using new technologies to rapidly deliver results.
• You have a strong desire to influence the design, architecture, technical strategy, and features of your software products.
• You have a proven record of accomplishment with delivering emerging technologies such as machine learning and voice recognition/automated voice attendant technologies.
• You get to enjoy a great work-life balance in the resort town of Grand Haven Michigan, on Lake Michigan, with the opportunity to work with your peers at Amazon in Seattle, Washington.
• Amazon compensation and benefits are highly market competitive.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of experience in developing mobile applications using the iOS SDK, the Android SDK, or both
· 3+ years experience launching web and mobile applications utilizing cloud technologies, preferably the Amazon cloud (AWS).