Description de l'offre
IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. The IMDb consumer site (www.imdb.com) is the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors. IMDb offers a searchable database of more than 185 million data items including more than 3.5 million movies, TV and entertainment programs and more than 7 million cast and crew members.
At IMDb, you'll be joining a team of seasoned leaders who value execution and decision making at the speed of startups, but with the backing and resources of Amazon. You can expect a culture of ambitious but achievable technology development, built in short iterations with lots of experimentation. We set high standards for ourselves but believe no work day is complete without lots of laughter. We celebrate team and personal milestones, and value balanced lifestyles that enable us to be refreshed and productive each day. Best of all, we share a passion for Entertainment; we meet regularly with our founder and colleagues to discuss current films, shows, and events.
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing, and our people will grow with it.
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You'll be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack -- from customer facing features and data innovations to cross-team collaboration on back-end services.
You will work with a variety of technologies across Amazon to innovate on features that delight customers and advertisers alike. You must love hard problems, collaborating with stakeholder teams, defining roadmaps, design creative technical solutions, and mentoring more junior engineers.
· Impact: As a software development engineer, you own a key initiatives in IMDb Advertising and have the freedom to drive the architecture and development of complex advertising products collaborating across IMDb consumer, app, and the entire vertical of Amazon Advertising Platform teams. You influence strategic changes in the Amazon Advertising Platform that will benefit both IMDb and other third-party publishers thus feeding the Amazon flywheel.
· Scale: We solve advertising problems across diverse international regions. Our products are presented to all IMDb customers. We build solutions of massive scale across desktop and mobile platforms.
· Experiment and Innovation: The team values the culture of innovation through experimentation. We directly partner with Sales and Marketing to build successful products for our business that our customers love.
· Technical Excellence: The team holds high technical standards and support you to lead the team to reach for new engineering excellence. For the past four months, we are actively working to increase test automation coverage. We commit to not leaving technical debt behind as we complete a project. You will set the standard for engineering, testing, and operational excellence, drive best practices across organization.
Some problem spaces we are working on:
· TARGETING - we have a wealth of data about our customers, including what movies or actors they've viewed, what titles they have added to their Watchlists, what they've recently browsed or purchased. This data can be used to help us decide what else they are likely to be interested in and respond to. Accessing this data and making decisions across large numbers of potential responses in a matter of milliseconds is a tough problem, and requires complex high scale engineering both online and offline. You will be working with other driven engineers to deliver our features and solutions. This will require core engineering and programming skills, insight, technical capability, data driven decision making, creativity and an obsession to ship high quality solutions for our customers.
· DATA & ANALYTICS - there's an almost overwhelming amount of data available, and we need to determine which signals are likely to have impact on our clients and how best to retain client interest in our business through data offerings. We're building platforms to automate the generation, validation, and publishing of models that incorporate all available data to predict any measurable signal. You will be working in the designing, building and finally shipping these products together with partners, product management, and other engineers.
3+ years industry experience in designing software architecture and operating scalable software systems
- Requirement analysis, failure analysis, API design, distributed consistency
- Metrics, analysis, and software profiling
- Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
- Solid experience in Java
- Solid UNIX or Linux experience
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design complex solutions
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience