Description de l'offre
Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) team builds the solutions responsible for ensuring the safety of our customers while also ensuring regulatory compliance. We are constantly innovating in the ways in which we can automate and accelerate safety and compliance processes and procedures, using state of the art technologies. Speed is of the essence when it comes to keeping our customers away from illegal, dangerous and recalled products. We use Large Scale Distributed Processing, OO technologies, Big Data, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Risk Modeling to solve some of the most complex problems to protect and delight our customers. If you love solving complex problems and owning systems that work at a large scale, while nurturing and growing a team of some of the smartest and hardworking engineers, this might be the right opportunity for you.
Our team is looking for top-notch software developers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon’s customers from product selection and order placement, to delivering products to our customers as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
What you’ll do?
· Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
· Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
· Work with cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
· Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Solid experience in OO programming languages such as C++, Java or C#
· Solid UNIX or Linux experience
· Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
· Obsession with quality and customer experience - attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Background in distributed computing, service-oriented architectures and enterprise-wide systems.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
· Full stack experience ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems