Description de l'offre
Are you interested in developing high performance OpenGL based solutions in iOS and Android that will help Amazon deliver packages worldwide efficiently and quickly by giving them turn by turn directions? The Amazon maps team focuses in providing smart and efficient GPS based solutions that scale to millions of turn by turn directions every day. It is still Day1 in the MAPs team!
We are responsible for the experience a driver has when they deliver packages for Amazon. We pride ourselves in meeting customer promise, and achieve it through thinking big and innovating. Last mile delivery is a century old problem and we’re changing the game. We support delivery programs such as Amazon Flex, a crowd-sourced delivery opportunity for independent contractors, and Amazon Logistics, a delivery service comprised of small and medium sized businesses who deliver Amazon packages to customer’s doorstep.
Our mobile offering works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology. These technologies allow delivery partners to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, and be guided through their deliveries with in-app mapping, navigation and much more. Our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers and our delivery partners has become more critical as we continue to expand the number of active delivery partners and target faster deliveries to our customers.
Being part of a customer obsessed company and working as part of this team, you’ll be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products that make it possible to deliver packages to customers in two hours or less all over the world. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will influence the technical direction of the team, work with many different technologies. You will help solve hard problems that aim to overcome real world challenges with delivering packages. Amazon Key supporting in-house and in-car deliveries is just a subset of the innovation that we do.
· Completed Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in working with geographic data and routing/navigation systems
· Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to develop all aspects of their engineering skill sets
· Ability to drive consensus within a team and influence outcomes in significant technical decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
· 2+ years in software development using Kotlin, Java, C++, C#, Python, or related
· 2+ years in Objective-C and/or Swift developing multi-threaded mobile applications
· Fundamental experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience building software systems that have been delivered to customers
· Experience delivering features on time and on budget, and execute against project plans and delivery commitments