Description de l'offre
How do you handle data from millions of customers across several different types of devices and in different formats, ensure that the data makes sense, and then manage its storage for optimal consumption? Oh, and this data must have the highest level of protection. If you are interested in maximizing performance, usability, and security, then come join the Amazon Kids+ Data Platform team!
Amazon Kids+ helps all kids safely learn, play, and communicate through content that kids and parents love including books, Audible books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games, music, skills, and more. We provide peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Kids+ is available as a child-friendly experience on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, Android and iOS mobile devices, and Alexa devices. We have quickly gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi (Kids at Play Interactive) award for best hardware and service at CES 2013 and 2019. Learn more at http://www.amazon.com/kids.
The data pipeline is the backbone of understanding our customers' engagement with our product. This pipeline handles an ever-increasing amount of data so that we can measure both success and friction with the current product as well as new features and clients as they are introduced. We use this data to drive business decisions across the organization. That means that we can never relax on building architecture that is reliable, scalable, and performant, not just in transferring data but also ensuring that it is valid while handling additional complexity like decompression, encryption, and decryption. Above all, we are guardians of this customer data, and we build systems to keep it safe every step of the way. For valid use cases like data analytics, we build systems to easily understand where the data is and what it represents. This is vital to making data-driven decisions on the next client feature, whether that experiment should be launched, or how many customers are engaging with a new personalization improvement. We work closely with the personalization team to provide the data that is used by the recommendation systems.
In this role, you will leverage and expand your problem solving skills, being detail oriented at times and thinking outside the box at other times. You will be responsible for owning and driving projects to expand our data handling capabilities, from ingestion to storage layers to analysis tools, using various technologies including Kinesis, Redshift, S3, and DynamoDB. You will work with partner teams on how they can efficiently publish their data in a way that is easy to consume and analyze but also meets compliance requirements. You will design and develop new ways to structure big data and make it easy to understand for different types of consumers. If you are a self-starter who is focused on quality and making data-driven decisions, then come join us!
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Experience with large-scale data processing
· Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems, traffic routing, device authentication algorithms, and optimizing the service payloads for network and devices
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Experience with AWS technologies including Kinesis and Redshift
· Master's degree
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Deliver and operate highly available, scalable low latency services in production
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
· Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
· Able to work in a diverse team