FinTech at Amazon is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for the broader finance organization. The compliance technology group at FinTech builds applications that are used company wide for compliance assurance, risk management and audit. This group is building teams in New Jersey to develop next generation software applications that will be used across the company . If you are passionate about building on AWS and of using modern techniques such as serverless application development, large scale event and data processing, machine learning for anomaly detection and want to develop your career in an environment that encourages creative thinking and speed, this is the team for you.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. As a Software Development Engineer in this team, you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of applications developed in the team. You will -
* Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions.
* Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for you and your team's deliverables.
* Work in an agile environment where you are always working on the most important stuff.
Ideal candidate profile
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
* 8+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
* Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
* Demonstrated proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python.
* Experience with full software development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
* Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
* Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.