Description de l'offre
Would you like to join us to help shape the future of the video entertainment industry?
Amazon Video delivers ground-breaking digital video services and award-winning original programming instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles, and TVs worldwide. We have opportunities for talented software developers, testers, product managers, and technical leaders to join our development teams in London to work on global features in our commerce platform. You will be pushed to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is an evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
Team Mission: To be Earth's most customer centric video entitlements system; to own software that will vend rights for video content at any scale and support all of Amazon Video's use cases.
Technology Stack: Although we mostly use Java in our production code, we are open to using whatever technology is best suited to solve the problem at hand. We leverage AWS whenever possible and aggressively adopt the standard tools in the Amazon Software Development ecosystem.
Scope: The team owns the systems that at the heart of perhaps the most important Amazon Video use case – ensuring our millions of customers can watch the content they have rights to. Due to the highly visible nature of the team's software we are continually striving to improve performance, ensure very high availability, and remove any scaling limits. Improvements in latency and scalability in our services are felt throughout the Amazon Video customer experience by making customer interactions more responsive and reliable.
The team owns four critical services which determine what content users have rights to. This includes services to calculate entitlements based on responses from the diverse sources of entitlements users potentially may have rights from including Ad Supported, Free, Ownership, Rental, Prime, Third Party Channel, Pay Per View, and other future use cases.
The team also owns foundational legacy systems that serve as the source of truth for all video purchases and customer video library interactions across the spectrum of devices supported by Amazon Video. In support of this scope the team provides an authority source of what subscription based video benefits customers have rights to.
· Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
· Highly proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C#, Objective-C.
· Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
· Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
· OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
· Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
· Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal English communications skills.