Description de l'offre
Interested in Amazon Kindle? Come work on it.
We have built large scale distributed systems to serve growing list of Kindle Personal Documents users. Our team works backwards from customers by understanding their needs to design and implement solutions that addresses their current needs and scales for future.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who can expand their knowledge of server and client software systems to scale the system further that will have huge impact on Kindle Customers' experience in using Kindle Personal documents feature.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the design, architecture, and implementation of products that span multiple internal Amazon teams, to deliver solutions that are customer delighters. This role will have regular interactions with various internal business owners to help prioritize tasks/projects, handling system issues, and managing communication across all stakeholders.
· Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Designs scalable software systems that solve key business problems and contribute to scaling the business
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to manage small and medium-sized technical projects with minimal supervision
· Track record of designing and building complex software system
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years experience building production software systems
· Design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production proven architecture
· Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, Spring)
· Proven experience working with databases, data processing, and analytic tools