Description de l'offre
The MAKO group is chartered with building platforms and programs globally that help customers discover, choose, purchase, and use Amazon Devices and Accessories. These include Echo, Kindle, FireTV, and Fire tablets. We are a cross-platform team that builds experiences online through mobile and desktop. We automate activities throughout the product lifecycle, so fewer resources are needed to launch and support the growing Amazon Devices business. Want customer visibility? The top banner on Amazon's homepage is for one of these devices, across all page loads, driving users to our features. Looking for visibility within Amazon? Our stakeholders include the Product and Marketing teams for all of the device categories, international markets, and Site Merchandisers.
You will help drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap, with ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, and executive teams to deliver new products, features, and platforms. A successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, able to creatively solve difficult customer problems, and highly analytical. As the Manager you will represent our organization across Amazon. This entails understanding the short and long term goals, then translating these into an actionable technology roadmap and people growth plan. In this role you will be responsible for:
· Hiring, leading, and mentoring a world-class engineering team
· Working effectively with product managers, designers, and business teams to deliver the best overall experience factoring in financial goals and usability goals
· Working closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Establishing a consistent, scalable engineering framework and excellent development processes
· Owning and reporting on status of development, quality, technical operations, and system performance
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
· 1+ years of people management experience
· 6+ years of software development experience
· Experience using computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms and programming languages, messaging and rendering architectures)
· Experience hiring technical team members and leaders
· Experience working with cross-functional (technical and non-technical) stakeholders.