Description de l'offre
The Free Search Traffic Technology (FST) team at Amazon is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to innovate in the search engine optimization (SEO) and landing page optimization (LPO) space. The team has end-to-end responsibility for one of the largest managed marketing channels in the world. Our team optimizes the Amazon retail websites for search engines and manages the landing page experience from search engines for our customers. We develop world leading proprietary technology including an automated experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes. The right candidate will be joining our fully autonomous team which includes Engineering, Business Intelligence and Product Marketing, and will be responsible for leading projects with significant business impact for Amazon WW from day 1.
Amazon is the world’s largest online store and our SEO challenge is unique and goes far beyond the traditional SEO best practices. The team works to find algorithmic/scalable ways to increase the traffic and sales we get through natural search results, working with industry experts and resources to apply the latest SEO/LPO techniques and insights to Amazon's websites and optimizing the user experience of the Amazon landing page from search engines. We have aggressive goals and a highly effective team focused on moving fast and delivering results.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who combines superb technical, communication, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. The ideal candidate for the team is a thinker and a doer : someone who loves sophisticated algorithms and mathematical precision, but at the same time enjoys implementing real systems, and is motivated by the prospect of spectacular business returns. This person must be comfortable working with a team of software development engineers to raise the bar of the software quality we deploy to the website.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop big data systems and distributed web services.
- Design and develop high-throughput, high-availability products that power URL generation and content rendering globally.
- Design and build large scale metrics systems used to track traffic from search engines, trends in search terms, conversion and other key traffic metrics.
- Design and build dynamic website components used to improve ranking and indexing of Amazon pages.
- Design and build machine-learning systems to optimize the landing page experience and improve sales conversion for free search traffic.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 2+ years relevant industry experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, Python, or Perl