The Jefferson, GA (MGE5) Site EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Fulfillment Center to execute company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizan’s, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Site EHS manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and EHS data analysis.
The Site EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon EHS policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our EHS standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the EHS landscape. The Site EHS will possess excellent EHS program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
The Site EHS Manager will lead a team of hourly EHS team members: EHS Specialist, EHS Coordinators, and Onsite Medical Representatives. You will create and execute leadership development plans for your EHS Associates on the team. They will communicate EHS team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their EHS teams and ensure they are executing the core competencies of an Amazon EHS professional.
Site EHS ManagerResponsibilities:
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site EHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Global EHS Database entries to be aligned with global EHS standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Lead and mentor EHS Associates in your assigned FC.
· Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from EHS teams, Associates and leaders on EHS program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required EHS training.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.