Shopping Effort Reduction Analyst
Amazon is seeking an experienced Business Analyst with project management experience to optimize the Amazon shopping experience, for the Shopping effort reduction analyst role. The role will be responsible for providing analysis and deep dives to support Amazon's vision to be the Earth's most customer centric company. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment; will be technically savvy; and be a creative and analytical problem solver with an obsession for creating a great shopping experience.
As a Shopping effort reduction analyst role, you will work with business teams to help identify key defects to the shopping and delivery experience, help define specific roadmaps and identify key performance indicators. Your role will also consist in supporting the shopping effort reduction team and retail/ transportation stakeholders by producing meaningful reports and data mining on the shopping experience and by coordinating and monitoring the overall roadmap and planning of the team. You will ensure that the process is adapted and modified to be measurable in terms of shopping experience outcomes. As you operate within a complex space, you will contribute to the development and implementation of standards, processes, models and technology needed to reduce shopping effort and develop and produce reporting and analysis that enable business leaders to take action on your recommendations.
As the role requires frequent interactions with the local support teams in France, the role will be based in Paris, France.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
· Support the operations, business and shopping effort reduction teams by delivering the data analysis and appropriate reporting tools to monitor the shopping experience in each area of the business.
. Build up and monitor the roadmap for monitoring the projects of the team, and the processes to secure the expected delivery.
· Analyze metrics, key indicators and other available data sources to discover root causes of process defects
· Create actionable items out of findings to help drive improvement in shopping experience through enhanced training requirements, performance management plans, content creation, help pages, and other customer facing interactions
· Scope, document and submit requirements for systems changes, backed up by business case and impact analysis
· Ensure timely and accurate performance metrics are created and maintained, with trend and variance analyses. Perform ad-hoc data analysis in support of projects and initiatives
· Utilize forecasting techniques to produce long term outlooks
· Degree in mathematics, statistics or other quantitative area - or equivalent business experience
· Fluent French and good English
· Strong analytical skills including broad knowledge of basic statistics and statistical interpretation of quantitative data
· Excellent communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner
· 2+ years of direct experience in quantitative research or analyses
· Advanced Excel and SQL skills