Join one of the fastest growing services of AWS!
Amazon Connect, is an easy to use omnichannel cloud contact center that helps companies provide superior customer service at a lower cost. We are re-inventing contact centers with the goal of making it easy for non-technical users to design contact flows, manage agents, and track performance metrics. Our customers include startups and Fortune 500 companies.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who leads by doing, values diversity of thought and background, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work every day. You will improve, iterate, and reimagine the product experience to shape the next generation of our software. You will also partner with a wide variety of internal and external customers to craft a modern, elegant BI experience for one of the fastest growing areas of software.
What You Bring
You have an “anything is possible” mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems. You’re proud of your work, your skills and expertise – but you’re not cynical, inflexible. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn’t afraid to swing for the fences or exceed expectations even on tactical projects.
You have a deep background in complex data products, geek out over customer experience, visualization and machine learning and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You have demonstrated design acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate experience and increase customer loyalty. You are an influencer who doesn’t hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and delivers recommendations and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience we are delivering.
You have a proven track record of inventing and simplifying elegant information architectures that make the complex feel simple to the end user.
What you will do
In this role you will be responsible for leading a variety of design initiatives across a brand new suite of features. You will work alongside product management and engineering to define and build the essential lovable product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
· Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
· Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
· Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
· Design the visual design of the web and software applications
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
· Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Experience with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks etc.
· Experience designing for mobile, touch, voice and web.
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
· 3+ years of experience designing for B2B solutions with sophisticated analytics capabilities
· 3+ years of experience delivering quality data visualizations
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience