We're seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to drive the development of programs and projects involving multiple Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) teams. In this role you will own the design and delivery of large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate the design and implementation efforts between internal and external teams as well as outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-delivery vs required functionality, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background and will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. You thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, perceptive talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
· Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++ or equivalent language
· Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Ideal candidate profile
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· 3+ years of system design and architecture experience
· Experience in Java, C++ or equivalent language
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
· Experience managing development efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications