Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer you will engage with experienced cross-disciplinary staffs to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, connectivity stack, drivers and low level wireless controller coexistence and scheduler algorithms. Horizontally you will be given to opportunity to work and own connectivity solutions across all Amazon digital devices spanning from Kindle, Fire TV, Echo, IoT Smart Home solutions and more.
You will work closely with the product management, hardware, operations, application, platform, cloud and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Bluetooth connectivity team is responsible for the connectivity related user experience and use cases. This includes delivery and maintenance of an evolving feature rich, high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
· Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
· Implement high-quality Bluetooth stack, framework and application features.
· Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions.
· Implement power management features
· Implement and provide testing facilities and tools for QA, HW and factory teams.
· Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs. Improve memory footprint, optimize drive, stack and application code.
· Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture.
· Support compliance and certification activities.
· Be able to occasionally travel internationally.