The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Security Engineer with a strong passion for utilizing big data and data analytics to achieve security-at-scale.
You will operate at the convergence of the hottest areas in tech: Big Data, Analytics, Security, Software Development and Cloud Services. You will develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture, work closely with AWS Security partner teams and AWS service teams to identify security threats, and use your security insight to relentlessly drive improvements to the AWS security posture through hands-on data analysis and automation of analytics. You will work with an immense amount of data and push the envelope with various advanced analytical techniques to find and mitigate security threats.
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all of the services offered by AWS. This is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale.
Please email AWS Recruiter, Ben Sanes at if you have any questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of math, science or engineering
· At least 3 years' experience using big data to address security challenges.
· At least 3 years' experience handling or supporting security investigations, penetration testing, and/or incident response across various operating systems and applications.
· At least 3 years' experience in at least one high-level programming language such as C, Python, Ruby, Golang, Java, or Scala
· Two plus years expereince with big data tools such as Splunk, Hadoop/YARN, Accumulo, Spark, Presto, Redshift, etc