· Relocation is not required; position will be located at the employee's current site.
· This position requires up to 80% Travel. When not traveling, Learning Ambassador will work from home site.
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for RME Intelligrated Learning Ambassadors! At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
We are looking for a Learning Ambassador to join the Reliability, Maintenance and Engineering (RME) Technical Learning Team. We continue to develop technical courses, skills-based training, practical exercises and assessments for our Maintenance teams who maintain equipment within our Amazon Logistics (AMZL) network. We have adopted a blended approach by mixing both instructor-led, web-based and skills-based (practical hands-on) methods of delivery.
In order to be effective, the candidate must possess a technical background and prior technical experience to enable them to deeply understand and relate to the technical content with which they will work, and the audiences for whom they will develop content. They must be able to dive deep into the technical aspects of a topic and understand it themselves, and then translate that understanding into high quality training content and programs for other technical audiences.
Responsibilities will include:
· Travel to sites to deliver technical training on MHE Assets
· Develop training plans for service technicians
· Administer LMS tasks such as schedule sessions, register participants and instructor resources
· Partner with learning strategy team to preserve consistent program experience for all learners through defined curriculum, milestones, and interactions
· Develop and document workflows and processes
· Provide content and class feedback to learning strategy team to drive improvements
· Coordinate local logistics
· Ensure conducive learning environment and facilities
· Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
· Develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels in the organization
· Provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
· Work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
· Travel up to 80%
· Ability to perform the following tasks with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist and above the head
· Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
· Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
· Walk in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
· Work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
· Stand/walk for shifts lasting up to 12 hours
Ideal candidate profile
· High school or equivalent diploma
· Experience in the following areas:
o Automated conveyors systems and controls
o Electrical and electronic principles
o Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
o Knowledge of CMMS programs
o Preventative maintenance procedures
o Industrial electrical
o Industrial controls
o Industrial Electronics
o PLC programs
o Industrial PC literacy
o Knowledge of N.E.C.