The Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) team is looking for a Program Manager with a strong delivery record and leadership experience to own and execute strategic, cross-functional technology projects.
This role requires working with business teams across the company to define requirements and high level process/system solutions; leading cross-functional business and development teams and managing the timelines for all software teams to support project launches. This position involves regular communication with project sponsors on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
· Work directly with external providers, customers, and partner teams to craft and deliver scalable solutions
· Manage new and existing programs, successfully delivering difficult projects and goals across multiple organizations
· Partner with other program managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set project priorities and milestones and drive delivery
· Own program communication, accelerating progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., path to green), escalating as appropriate
· Influence design and development of strategic processes
· Work with program managers and business leaders to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
· Develop, implement, and govern key performance indicators (KPI) reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects and using this data to drive/influence business decisions
· Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
· Manage post-launch support plans (e.g., post-mortem, issue/ticket management, etc.) and look for opportunities to improve program quality and operational excellence
· Travel domestically up to 75% of the time
Needed Skills and Abilities:
• Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
• Leader: Significant experience leading teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
• Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
• Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
• Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
· 5+ years of experience delivering mission critical technology solutions
· 5+ years of expertise defining complex SQL queries
· 5+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· MBA, MS or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or Equivalent)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in South Carolina, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $72,700/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of experience as a project/program manager
· 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects