The LOAA Regional Accommodation Manager serves as a liaison between business lines, the LOAA team and our outsourced vendor partners, assessing human resources needs in areas such as employment restrictions and considerations, performance management related to absence, and training on leave management and accommodations. LOAA Regional Accommodation Manager supports a team of Regional Accommodation Specialist in addition to providing individual case management for all types of accommodation and disability life events.
They are highly skilled in answering questions, understanding the employee's situation, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paves the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. This role manages all aspects of accommodations, leave of absence and disability including the development and implementation of regional processes and procedures to achieve optimal employee productivity and experience. This role's responsibilities include pursuing return-to-work management and collaboration with LOAA case managers and disability vendors to ensure effective administration of the program. This role will also provide consultation and coaching regarding accommodation matters to designated regional HR partners, managers and employees. An individual in this position must understand Amazon business units supported and have a deep understanding of ADA, FMLA, statutory Leaves and disability policies and laws, in addition to understanding the job accommodation processes. The individual in this role must have strong self-management skills, a desire to teach and an ability to translate business needs and goals into human resource capabilities, producing favorable results for the company and employees.
In addition, this person should exhibit exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. This individual will demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with customer service focus that employees expect from Amazon.
· Provide information, referral, and support to employees with medical conditions or disabilities (both occupational and non-occupational), supervisors, Human Resources, and other partners by supporting the Regional Accommodation Specialist at an escalated level to support Amazon's employee retention efforts
·Provide on-going consultation and problem-solving assistance to sites (HR and Management) in the provision of appropriate services and accommodations and advocate for reasonable accommodation
· Facilitate escalated communication between stakeholders, employees with disabilities, as well as Leave of absence, STD, LTD and Workers Compensation stakeholders
· Assist employees in understanding their medical conditions and their legal rights and responsibilities
· Maintain strict confidentiality in verbal and written communications
· Keep updated on legislation and national, state and local issues affecting access for employees with disabilities
· Assist Human Resources and department supervisors in identifying essential and marginal functions of employee positions
· Coordinate with LOAA Management and Legal on escalated issues as appropriate
· Conduct job site analyses as needed
· Document and maintain up-to-date case records and notes of appropriate and accurate information on the computer database
· Assess business unit's training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate.
· Provide professional opinion and actions taken on behalf of disabled employees in formal grievances, arbitration, depositions, and other forums as requested.
· Performs related tasks as requested
· Regular and reliable attendance
· Ability to travel as appropriate (25-50% of the time)