Who You Are
· You are a sharp, passionate engineer with strong problem-solving skills and solid software testing foundation.
· You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic tester who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
· You will design, plan, execute and automate tests for software across a variety of n-tier architectures and cutting-edge technologies.
Who We Are
Seller Fulfilment Technology (SFT) team located in Bangalore is looking for a QAE to deliver strategic goals for Amazon ecommerce systems. This is an opportunity to join our mission to build tech solutions that empower sellers to delight the next billion customers. You will be responsible for testing and creating automated test frameworks for strategic business initiatives. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales, this may be the next big career move for you. We are building systems which can scale across multiple marketplaces and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale ecommerce business. We are looking for a QAT who can understand the domain and deliver high quality software. We operate in a high performance co-located agile ecosystem where SDEs, QAEs, QATs, Product Managers and Principals frequently connect with end customers of our products. Our QAEs/QATs stay connected with customers through seller/FC/Deliver Station visits and customer anecdotes. This allows our engineers to significantly influence product roadmap, contribute to PRFAQs and create disproportionate impact through the tech they deliver. We offer Technology leaders a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform billions of lives across the planet through their tech innovations.
At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce the overall QA effort for the product. The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests.
QAT is responsible for writing test cases for small to medium complex features. Test cases cover most positive scenarios and they are typically written based on using a feature, not necessarily from requirements. You have knowledge of the features and detailed functional requirements well enough to execute your assigned tests. You can interpret test results and distill information into easily digestible format. You keep team members informed of issues that affect you and escalate concerns promptly and appropriately. You show a strong ability to find bugs worth fixing. You are a good Ad-hoc tester. You reproduce errant product behavior to assist developers or other testers and identify, track, and accurately report defects found. Good reproducible defect reports include; steps to repro, logs, clear description of actual results vs. expected, helpful title / summary. You verify fixed bugs are truly fixed With regular guidance from your manager or team members, you are able to maintain a high quality test environment by reporting environment defects. You are technically savvy in consumer use of software, computers and devices. You can install and configure software, can use debug settings. You have technical ability to gather logs, traces, etc. to add to bug reports when provided detailed instructions. Participate in test automation leveraging pre-existing framework. You debug, trouble shoot and maintain automation scripts and additionally you can create automation scripts based on the project needs
· Strong organizational skills and team player.
· Attention to detail and ability to root cause important issues impacting the process or customers.
· Strong ability to organize and track multiple test executions simultaneously, and ability to synthesize test results.
· Mobile and/or IoT (Internet of Things) industry experience a plus.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering the quality bar.
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in delivering world-class customer experience
Ideal candidate profile
· BE Computer Science, BTech, Master of computer Applications (MCA), MSc Information Technology (IT) with relevant experience in Software testing, 1 to 2 years of testing experience
· Well versed in SDLC and has hands on experience on STLC.
· Have good scripting knowledge and be able to create simple automation test scripts using any scripting language.(Preferably in Java)
·Have good understanding of different testing methodolgies.