Quality Assurance Manager
The International Quality for Alexa team focuses on expanding Alexa’s capabilities on a global scale. We take on the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how Alexa enabled devices can serve customers’ needs in different cultures and locations. If you are interested in shaping the future of Alexa for customers around the world, come and join our team.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will work closely with the Product Management, Software Development Engineering, User Experience Design, and Customer Support groups to understand the product vision, requirements and customer usage models and develop appropriate test strategies. You will be working on QA team’s technical vision and roadmap , developing and tracking project schedules. The successful Quality Assurance Manager has strong customer focus and is obsessed with continuous quality improvement; they are experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for feature testing and regression; they are able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as to take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. They are dedicated to building a strong and high performing team.
· Working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
· Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing
· QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
· Developing test strategies and creating appropriate test harnesses
· Overseeing the development and execution of test plans, monitoring and reporting on test execution and quality metrics
· Working with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
· The successful candidate is an experienced but hands-on manager who can grow the team and ensure it performs
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Experience in quality assurance for consumer electronics
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of quality assurance in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· A deep understanding of automation testing by leading engineers who can write automation scripts/programs that will aid in automated testing
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent
· Fluency in English and French
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years people management experience
· Experience leading a QA team that is responsible for end-end validation for a critical system or application
· Understanding of testing strategies including technologies for automated testing