Interested in Alexa App and Mobile development?
Want your work in front of millions of customers? Enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
The Amazon Alexa team is seeking talented quality assurance engineers to provide coding and testing expertise to the team as well as being a constant advocate for customers.
As a QAE, you will design and define our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with product, engineering, and delivery managers along with engineers to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create manual and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products.
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. We are located in Irvine, CA. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
· Experience in a senior IC or lead role in Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering or Software Testing.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
· Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines.
· Strong sense of ownership, customer focus and ability to dive deep into details
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· BS degree in computer science, computer or electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years experience in creating, managing and implementing test plans
· Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies, agile a plus.
· Experience generating and communicating meaningful development metrics.
· Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories.
· Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.