The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics such as the Alexa devices. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon E-Readers.
What will you help us create?
Do you have a passion for consumer electronics? Do you want to enhance the quality of software for the latest Alexa devices, tablets, e-readers, and the back-end infrastructure that supports them? If so, the Device Software & Services (DS2) Demo team needs you! We are working on best-in-class demo retail demo experiences for the broad family of Amazon devices. We work on interesting projects, strive for a great work-life balance and have fun working on the latest devices before they hit the stores!
If you are a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer who is passionate about quality and delivering the best customer service, then we want to hear from you!
· Development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
· Work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
· Work with developers to identify the root cause and resolve issues.
· Use professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Communicate with internal/external teams and management on requirements and status updates.
· Work in test driven development and establish test infrastructures
· Automate the validation of user interfaces.
· Interact and coordinate test activities among multiple teams
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of experience as part of a test team
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· 3+ years of experience in QA methodology and tools.
· 3+ years of experience in industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results.