Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? Amazon Fire TV Edition team is looking for experienced, results-oriented Software Quality Assurance Engineers who are capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. We own the voice experience on all of our streaming media players, and are constantly experimenting and innovating to improve the customer experience. Successful candidates are creative engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great software and ultimately a great customer experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
Quality Assurance Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers are not pure black box testers; they test at the appropriate level and are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers, and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features. QA Engineers will also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality focused methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them earlier in the process.
· BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field
· Experience with Python scripting or other automation framework
· Experience with usability best practices; able to influence and improve user experience
· Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideal candidate profile
· 3+ years of software quality assurance engineering experience
· Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools
· Experience with one scripting language
· Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
· Experience developing test strategies, test plans and test cases
· Experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings