We are looking for Quality Assurance Engineers/SDETs to work on Amazon Go, Amazon Books and Amazon 4-Star, Amazon's first set of brick & mortar retail stores.
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout – you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and machine learning. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
Amazon Books is our effort to bring 20+ years of experience selling books online to brick & mortar bookstores. Our goal is to combine the best of online book shopping (frictionless checkout, Prime benefits) with the offline experience of browsing, exploring, and discovering great books in a physical bookstore. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that Amazon customers love, and we have purposefully curated our book selection for each store to inspire all types of readers. We have launched Amazon Books in Seattle, San Diego, and Portland, with additional locations in development. For more information, see: amazon.com/amazonbooks.
We are looking for hands-on engineers at all levels. You must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented engineers who enjoy learning and working collaboratively in a team. Our services operate at large scale and is critical for ensuring a great customer shopping experience in the physical stores, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You’ll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace. We are tackling problems today that will have a major impact on our future success. If you want to join a fast-paced team that is innovating and making history, this is the place for you.
As Quality Assurance Engineer on this team, you will provide both coding and testing expertise for our team and to be a constant advocate for our customers. You possess a high level of coding aptitude combined with a demonstrated passion for Quality Assurance. Our team faces unique challenges bridging the gap between online and physical channels while delivering the best experience for our customers.
Our QAEs take the time to dive deep into customer behavior and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios. They create and execute automated regression tests, do manual testing when necessary, and are responsible for driving our software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
· Knowledge of the different phases of a test lifecycle and the testing methodologies
· Ability to troubleshoot and update automation scripts
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
· Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Ideal candidate profile
· 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· Bachelor's Degree
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· 2+ years overall agile QAE and/or development experience.
· Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.