Amazon Fashion is revolutionizing how customers shop online for clothing, shoes and accessories? Come join our team of seasoned business leaders, passionate engineers and applied scientists, experienced product managers and creative visual designers to tackle the most important customer challenges in Softlines.
The Try Before You Buy team is looking for a highly motivated, innovative and results-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) or a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to be the customer advocate and assist in identifying issues that impact our customers experience. Your responsibilities will include involvement in test automation and infrastructure development as well as testing new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with SDE’s, QAE’s and PM’s to understand features and technical implementation and ensure quality development. You will have the opportunity to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones and take on challenges to solve complex problems.
If you are a natural problem solver with a passion for quality and test automation and enjoys working in a fast paced environment, this team is right for you.
# Own QA process and test quality of the products we develop.
# Utilize innovative testing technologies to develop product's testing strategy.
# Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
# Efficiently create and execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
# Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
# Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
#Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
#Work with partner teams (SDE, PM, UX) to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and understand business requirements
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
· Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
· Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools & services
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years professional experience as a SDET/ QA Engineer
· Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
· Experience in gathering test requirements to create detailed test plans and defining quality metrics to measure product quality
· Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories
· Full understanding of software development life-cycle and quality assurance methods