Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies worldwide on the platform.
AWS’ growth is driving a rapid expansion of its world-wide sales team, which in turn drives the growth of the AWS Business Technology & Solutions (BTS) team that supports them. AWS is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join the AWS Salesforce.com team as part of a quickly growing QA program.
This is a great opportunity for a QAE who is looking to make an immediate impact, and help ensure scalability of this program. As a Salesforce QAE, you will be responsible for ensuring our software solutions meet the standards of the business. You will work closely with our managers, PMs, developers, and other stakeholders to build and expand testing coverage for our applications. You will develop test plans and build regression suites, and own the quality of features that form the building blocks of our tools.
The ideal candidate has excelled in a similar role. Experience with troubleshooting CRM systems is required. The candidate should be able to both dive deep as well as see the broader picture and analyze impact.
· Work with PMs and Devs to review user stories, build test plans and test cases
· Execute test cases and log/report defects
· Help expand functional regression suites for the AWS Salesforce instance
· Build automated tests using our Selenium framework
This position may be based in one of our California, Dallas or Seattle offices.
· Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience with Java or another OO language
· Familiarity with Jira
· Experience with Continuous Integration
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years in a similar role
· Knowledge of the different phases of a test lifecycle and the testing methodologies
· Ability to troubleshoot and update automation scripts
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
· Strong organizational skills and ability to handle competing priorities
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Experience with Salesforce and its underlying technologies (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning)