Amazon's International Technology team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) to take the role of Chief Technology Officer for Amazon Canada.
You as an executive will act as a liaison between the high caliber business and the technology teams creating and owning the technology road map of Amazon Canada. Leveraging a large technology and world-class operational implementation team, you will own current and future global innovations on behalf of our customers across multiple platforms, devices, and media types (website, mobile phones, tablets, apps, email, SMS, etc.). You will be responsible for articulating and championing Canada's technology needs with external partners and internal teams. You will be the voice that represents technology in weekly, monthly, and yearly business reviews with senior leadership.
If you have a passion for Canada and want to drive technical innovation that brings unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you.
· PMP or Project Management Certification
· Master’s in Business Administration
· 3+ years of coding experience in any programming language
Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
Ideal candidate profile
· 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
· 5+ years hands-on experience building software solutions within current industry standard technologies
· 4+ years’ experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
· Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions