Are you inspired by building new technologies that help Amazon Selling Partners run their business on Amazon? Do you dream of being at the forefront of using test automation and mobile platform technologies? Do you enjoy working in a small highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Seller App team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a test automation framework and platform libraries for integration testing along side UI testing. Our tools are developed not only for our own team but also for partner teams within Amazon that launch features on the mobile phone apps. That means you not only get to influence the quality and test strategy for our own features we develop for the Seller App but for our internal partners that work with us on delivering their solutions to Amazon's Selling Partners.
The Amazon Seller App team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex problems, and a desire to impact Selling Partners in a meaningful way. We're looking for quality-minded testers who like dealing with ambiguity, solving problems for mobile use-cases and working in a startup like environment.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
· Own the definition and implementation of test strategies and test plans across multiple teams in mobile applications and server tiers
· Influence and contribute to scalable automation
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
· Review product user interface for conformity to guidelines
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the process
· Work with Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
· Work with internal Amazon partner teams to help them prepare their test plans for their mobile features and be an advocate and technical testing resource
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software QA testing
Ideal candidate profile
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
· Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills.
· Possess an extremely sound understanding in the areas of software testing and quality engineering.
· Be able to demonstrate and explain good testing procedures and best practices around UI and client/server testing
· Have some proficiency in a modern scripting language
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.