Amazon is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers' high-profile, consumer electronics products, like the Kindle, Kindle Fire, Fire TV and Echo, etc. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
The Mechanical Process Engineer (MPE) works closely with teams located in both the US and China throughout the design cycle. As a member of the MPE team, you will be responsible for supporting mechanical part manufacturing and decorative processes, providing design recommendations to the design team (ID & PD), driving engineering studies, and improving part yield rate. You be responsible for closely monitoring and driving the above activities at suppliers.
In addition, you will work closely with the Mechanical Process Program Management (MPPM) team on giving timely feedback of technical risk, and continuous communication of the status of engineering issues throughout the product development cycle to a cross functional audience.
· Identify and develop mechanical part manufacturing and decorative processes
· Review and develop part/sub-assembly process flow, including process fixture concept and DFM
· Monitor supplier process capability through continuous engagement and engineering studies
· Work with suppliers to provide design feedback and recommendations including features and tolerances
· Drive and approve technical data documentation throughout the development cycle including FAI, CMK, CPK, GR&R, and DFM
· Drive technical issue resolution at suppliers throughout the development cycle
· Travel domestically and internationally to supplier sites as projects require
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· 4+ years experience in Mechanical Design, Manufacturing or Tooling Engineering
· Experienced in manufacturing processes of plastic or metal parts
· Knowledge of production process qualification, measurement, and analysis
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills including working knowledge of data analysis and statistics. Familiar with GR&R and DOE
· Experience working onsite with manufacturers and suppliers
· Familiarity with Pro/Engineer and MS office suite
· Fluent in English