AWS Infrastructure is looking for a talented, driven, and highly analytical, Materials Manager with demonstrated experience driving process improvement.
This individual will be responsible for leading inventory management strategies to maximize customer experience, inventory levels, and operational efficiency. Materials Management is critical to protecting manufacturing capacity and delivering the end product to our customer at the right time. This is a new role and new capability requiring a strong subject matter expert and leader to blaze the trail for AWS.
- Act as point of escalation for vendor related issues
- Manage vendor operational excellence through data driven metrics
- Protect continuity of supply for AWS managed manufacturing
- Drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to improve supply chain efficiency and overall cost structure
- Drive complex business analysis to identify business opportunities to improve internal and external processes
- Work cross-functionally to identify and apply best practices and continuous process improvements
- Provide scalable solutions for specific issues
- Sets project requirements and drives agendas across internal and external teams
Ideal candidate profile
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other related quantitative discipline
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with MS Excel
- Experience managing shop floor manufacturing (preferably in technology sector)
- Up to 10% Travel required