Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge technology that changes our world. The AWS Inside Plant Design and Engineering Team is a new fast-growing and leading-edge research and development team that is rethinking the design for the critical arteries that connect the various pieces of hardware inside AWS’ data centers and edge sites.
As a member of this team, you will work directly with engineers and managers across the company to develop capacity management solutions for the physical layer. You will also work with industry suppliers and startups to develop requirements and recommend new technology.
Responsibilities will include:
· Ensure timely delivery of scalable fiber optic & copper plant designs
· Develop an automated solution for how we route and utilize our physical layer
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to deliver designs that meet capacity and network requirements and turn-up timelines
· Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
· Support New Product Introduction activities that improve infrastructure quality, reduce cost and installation time
· Travel 20+% to review projects and coordinate with onsite personnel and contractors at AWS' Data Centers
This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your existing engineering experience in an innovative and highly collaborative environment where the results of your work will directly impact AWS and its customers.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Professional Engineering (PE) Electrical Certification License, or 7+ Years of Technical Experience in ICT design
· Experience in Revit, AutoCAD or other Computer Aided Design Tools
· Experience in carrying new design concepts from exploration, concept, and development through deployment/construction
· Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs while maintaining or improving quality, reliability, or maintainability
· Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and maintain high quality standards
· Ability to prioritize & consistently deliver results in complex, fast-paced environment
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe features, technical designs, and strategy
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
· 2+ years Information and Communications Technology (ICT) design experience in Mission Critical Environments
· 4+ years of working experience with fiber optic component, cabling, and interconnect products, technologies, and standards