Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon currently has presence in India (www.india.amazon.com) by way of Development Centers across three locations; Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad, which works on complex technology and operations challenges that directly drive business on Amazon.com. In addition to this, there are retail teams that strive towards providing world class customer experience to our customers across www.amazon.in and www.junglee.com, followed by a dynamic operations team that ensures customer orders are fulfilled and delivered on time.
The individual will implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results. The candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision and deadline sensitivity. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics. Key to the position is the ability to keep the team organized, prioritized and on time while also serving as a "go to" for all areas and departments which dovetail with HR. This candidate will help foster a cooperative and communicative atmosphere.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Implement employee surveys and questionnaires; help HRBP's in analysis and action planning based on survey results
· Responsible for onboarding and partnering with the recruitment team in hiring associates based on business forecasts.
· Partner with business leaders and other support functions to maintain a highly motivated and engaged workforce
· Implement new policies, procedures and programs in support of Business
· Be the first point of contact for all employee grievances and partner with the HR Business Partner in conducting necessary investigations.
· Provide MIS support for Attrition analysis, includes- analyzing Exit interview , observe trends and highlight important aspects, prepare and publish dashboards
· Drive engagement initiatives like – New hire Buddy/ mentoring program, Voice of Employee, Round tables and Brown Bag session and R&Rs
· Partner with HRBPs to drive Career pathing sessions/ initiatives
· Support the L&D team in conducting training needs assessment for employees across levels
· Responsible in conducting regular vendor audits to ensure labor compliance.
· Responsible for statutory compliance
Ideal candidate profile
Proven skill in the operation and utilization software such as Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, etc.
· Able to travel, as appropriate
· Ability to analyze organization and individual needs and create the most cost-effective package to meet them
· Experience with assessing executive talent and filling technology/operations/management positions
· Proven understanding of the role and functions of a human resource office within a corporate operations structure
· Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, functions and practice; performance appraisal systems and staff development
· Proven ability to use initiative in carrying out tasks
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met while having frequent interruptions · Exposure to multi-state and international employment laws