The Global Safety Engineer – Design for Safety will report to the Sr. Manager – Global Health and Safety and will support the Data Center - Infrastructure team by providing technical leadership for electrical safe work practices including the design, maintenance and operation of equipment. In addition to their business unit responsibilities, the candidate will participate in and complete all tasks designated to them by the Sr. Manager – Global Health and Safety.
· Work with InfraEHS team and stakeholders to identify, evaluate and mitigate design and electrical risk for work processes and new equipment/products.
· Provide technical support to AWS Infrastructure including input into product development, arc flash mitigation and overall electrical safety work practices.
· Independently provide technical guidance on equipment/product design and electrical safety related issues.
· Conduct electrical safety risk assessments and evaluate necessary safe work practices.
· Collaborate and interface with other groups within Amazon including: Facilities Managers, Hardware Operations and Engineering, data center operations and outside vendors on equipment/product design and electrical risk.
· Assess the current data center electrical safety program and lead continued development and improvement of the program.
· Provide expert advice to support business objectives with due consideration to safety by design, electrical code compliance, occupational health and safety regulations and industry best practices.
· Strong knowledge of product safety and electrical theory
· If necessary, follow up on significant incident investigations and complete internal and external (if necessary) incident investigation reports.