Are you passionate about Goodreads and helping readers find their next favorite book? Come join our team and help change the lives of millions of readers. With over 90 million members, Goodreads is the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations. Our mission is to help people find and share books they love. We're creating new ways to deliver highly personalized and relevant content for readers around the world, and we're built on one of the world's largest collections of data about books and reading trends. We're only at the beginning of helping readers find books they love, read more, and share ideas.
We are seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant to support our CEO and the Goodreads organization. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about our mission and excited to help shape our culture. Goodreads has a fast-paced environment and we're looking for a highly organized, detail oriented and self motivated candidate who is able to complete complex, ambiguous projects with minimal guidance. Candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and should be able to react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
Responsibilities will include calendar management, travel coordination, new hire on-boarding and support, office management, event planning, planning and executing large internal team meetings and communication, leadership meetings, and project management. The role requires high judgment, strong communication skills, poise and composure.
This position is located in San Francisco, California and will work closely with other Executive Assistants within the Goodreads, Books, and Amazon organizations. The right person will have a "roll up your sleeves and let's get it done" attitude, and will be a key contributor in maintaining Goodreads' unique culture.
· Complex calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings
· Travel planning - largely domestic
· Manage procurement for the company and expenses in timely manner
· Organize bi-annual company-wide events, weekly all hands meetings and team lunches, and ad hoc events as needed
· Own development of monthly business review slides and presentations
· Drive and track completion of key deliverables; follow up on outstanding items and projects as needed
· Organize, prioritize and manage time-sensitive, confidential information; ensure any action items are executed
· Own space planning for San Francisco office
· Manage relationships with caterers & vendors
· Be a steward of our culture and create a fun, welcoming office environment
· Provide support to employees as they onboard to Goodreads
Ideal candidate profile
· At least 5+ years of executive administrative assistance experience
· At least 5 years of experience with MS Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel)
· High School diploma or equivalent; completed coursework from an accredited college/university is preferred