Amazon's European Transportation Network Design team is responsible for our transportation network's (truck lanes) connectivity across Europe to deliver billions of shipments each year. The team collaborates with multiple internal teams (e.g., Supply Chain, Finance, Tech, Retail) to create the most optimal routes between origins and destinations to assure reliable package delivery to our customers at the fastest and cheapest way possible.
We analyze enormous volumes of data to help Amazon think through how best to organize a quickly growing and changing network. We are constantly engaging with new kinds of problems, and use a wide range of tools to reach the right solutions, including QlikSense, Tableau, SQL, Python, and Excel backed by sound business judgement.
As a Transportation Network Design Business Intelligence Engineer, you will help identify opportunities and implement changes to improve systems, processes, and tools. You will be responsible for modeling complicated problems through the use of statistical, data mining, and visualization techniques, and for working with a wide range of stakeholders across Amazon to implement the solutions you identify. Success in Network Design requires not only strong analytical skills but also excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Designing an optimal network involves connecting widely varying teams toward a single vision and timeline, which requires very strong stakeholder management capabilities.
The position is based in Amazon's European headquarters in Luxembourg, a city widely known for its beautiful setting, livability, and highly international population with foreign nationals making up over half of the population.
· Identify the biggest opportunities to improve existing outbound transportation network, balancing delivery accuracy, speed and cost
· Lead complex analysis, develop models and reports to drive key strategic decisions
· Support functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives with data
· Drive projects that help build Amazon into the most customer-centric platform
· Support definition and monitoring of long-term programs through automation or process excellence
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of professional experience in highly analytical roles with proven ability to use hard data and metrics to support assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
· Degree in engineering, operations research, mathematics, statistics, computer science or other quantitative areas. Master's degree or higher preferred
· Experience in data visualization platforms e.g., Tableau, QlikSense
· Deep knowledge of SQL to extract and transform data into meaningful analyses and reports
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Team player with proven ability to work with cross-functional teams in various locations
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results