Description de l'offre
*** This role is EU wide and the successful candidate can be based in Spain, Luxembourg, Italy, Germany or the UK. ***
Amazon is seeking an industry proven and detail oriented Project Engineer for design, build and continuous improvement of our Sort Center infrastructure. Successful candidates are natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in the integrated automation project life cycle, including their development, design, implementation, enhancement, and support. This individual has ideally directly managed the execution of large capital automation projects and aggressive schedule commitments.
Our Project Engineers must be agile with the ability to quickly adapt strategies, plans and solutions in response to dynamic business requirements. They must be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. Open minds, ownership, customer focus, innovation empowerment, advanced technologies, team comradely, individual drive, and a robust sense of humor enable our Operations Engineering Team to deliver the most advance sortation solutions in the world.
If you have proven integrated automation project engineering experience, thrive on new and exciting challenges, seek an opportunity for professional growth, and want to help Amazon further raise our sortation bar, then this role is for you!
This role can be virtually based anywhere within EU.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design, build, improve, and innovate sortation infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network:
• Manage, design, and implement medium scope integrated automation projects with system elements such as high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines, and/or robotic work cells.
• Manage on-site vendors through their leads and escalate issues through vendor and Amazon leadership.
• Evaluate issues and propose actionable resolutions to design problems.
• Identify and communicate needs for design improvements.
• Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
• Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
• Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
• Lead system commissioning and predefined testing activities, including administering the plan, interpreting statuses and reporting results.
• Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
• Thoroughly document/investigate change requests and provide recommendations.
• Build strong working relationships with site leadership and their operations teams across multiple sites.
• Identify and lead process improvement initiatives in support of operations teams.
• General knowledge of Sort Center operations with understanding of day to day workings and strategic Network planning.
• Perform and direct data mining and analyze the results to provide recommendations or conclusions.
• Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
• Develop cross-functional knowledge of Execution Team systems, processes, procedures and tools.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business.
• Operations Management / Fulfillment Center or Sort Center experience.
• Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers.
• Please submit your CV in English.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations or a related field; or Amazon work experience.
• Experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer or related occupation.
• Directly managed and responsible for cumulative automation project budgets.
• Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects.
• Demonstrated design and/or implementation with integrated automation solutions, such as complex material handling systems, high speed packaging lines and manufacturing lines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook.
• Highly proficient CAD skills; capable of independently developing an integrated automation layout.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of time to installation sites throughout Europe.
• Ability to speak English and other European Languages