The EMEA Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector Enablement Team is seeking a Technical Trainer to plan, execute, and manage the ongoing onboarding and continuous learning needs for our technical team roles in EMEA.
AWS is looking for highly organised entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of our internal customers, demonstrate a high degree of program ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. For this role, we are looking for an inventive Technical Trainer to manage and execute launch activities for new technical staff during onboarding. This role will also facilitate everboarding programs that develop leadership and soft skills, cultivate functional skills, and accelerate knowledge sharing on new products/features and the enablement programs for our Technical Teams (Solution Architects, Technical Business Developers, Speciality Sales, and Professional Services).
A successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of technical training, program management best practices and the ability to synthesise information for a technical audience. The successful candidate will report into the EMEA Enablement Lead. S/he will work closely with the global Public Sector Technical Enablement team, the EMEA Sales Enablement team and cross-functional stakeholders (mixture of sales, technical, software engineer, and manager roles) to build meaningful learning experiences for EMEA-based AWS technical staff.
This role will also assess local enablement initiatives and ongoing areas of learning with regard to how we onboard and continuously train technical roles; identifying new initiatives and learning mechanisms that drive productivity.
Examples of the programs that would be led by this individual include ensuring the onboarding experience is of high value, creating internal communication and knowledge sharing mechanisms (manage launch workshops, new solution workshops, virtual labs and other learning sessions) and distributing meaningful reports to leadership regarding the new hire’s journey, measuring time to field readiness and program areas/gaps requiring attention.
This individual must have demonstrable experience of a combination of relevant technical training and/or program management experience and/or prior experience in a technical role. Experience with AWS cloud services is preferred but not required.
This is an EMEA wide role based in London, so regular travel can be expected.
· Own the execution of onboarding training and programs for EMEA Public Sector technical personnel, leveraging existing content with a goal of continuously improving time to field readiness for new staff
· Partner with SMEs to deliver everboarding deep dive training sessions and hands-on labs
· Partner with Technical Enablement Leadership Team to 1) identify staff development needs, 2) identify existing curriculum to serve those needs, and 3) work with the leaders to prioritise a backlog of instructor led programs and organise delivery of core training programs in EMEA
· Design and drive delivery of just-in-time training using the network of global enablement resources and other SMEs
· Own monthly reports regarding completion against training targets
· A constant desire to learn and help others learn; finding effective ways to share knowledge is key to this role.
· Entrepreneurial skills with experience scaling/developing new concepts within organisations.
· Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to detail, and exceptional organisational skills.
· Effective communicator in both verbal and written forms and equally adept in communicating upwards and downwards
Ideal candidate profile
· Technical Training and / or Program Management experience in a related industry / with technical teams (experience should include tracking milestone deadlines, owners, and risks to ensure successful completion to meet project objectives).
· Experience supporting large scope, global or complex projects and managing executive level stakeholders.
· Experience developing training or enablement programs for stakeholders with various roles and needs; applying adult learning principles to identify ideal coursework for target audience