Amazon Web Services is seeking an Electrical Engineer to become part of a global engineering team, responsible for the design and continuous innovation of our rapidly expanding data center foot print.
We are looking for engineers with hands on electrical design experience. If you can design an electrical system, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs you may be a good fit. As we grow we are structuring our team to own more of our engineering in house. Engineers will be responsible for taking designs from concept to the permit and construction document set. You must be capable of defining critical equipment specifications and approving equipment submittals. Engineers will directly support construction and be a part of the process from site selection review through commissioning and ultimately turnover. At Amazon we highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
Engineers at Amazon work to design resilient, cost effective electrical distribution systems. As engineers at Amazon we are responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers. We justify and communicate the technical decisions we make to Sr. Management and work hard to drive continuous advancements and improvements with our designs. As an engineer at Amazon you have the ability to drive change and define/design the systems our customers rely on.
Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
At Amazon team work is absolutely necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. As an electrical engineer at Amazon you will be working with other internal groups as well as external groups including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
If you are a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems we want YOU! At Amazon you will be responsible for working on multi-million dollar designs that support our array of businesses and wide variety of customers. Great ideas are encouraged and supported. Ingenuity is the main mechanism which supports our focus on quality, speed, and cost.
Amazon has a global presence. As this position is based out of Virginia, travel to our head office in Seattle will be required. Travel should be up to 20% of your time, initially between Virginia and Seattle.
Responsibilities of the Jr. Electrical Engineer
Under the direction of a senior engineer, the Jr. Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Data center electrical designs and collaboration with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
· Creation of designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements.
· Work with local agencies having jurisdiction to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
· Review and approval of equipment submittals.
· Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
· Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
· Ability to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
· Travel to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, and startup as needed.
· Having fun and offering creative, out of the box solutions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.