The Science team drives evidence-based decision-making throughout Twitch. We are researchers and leaders who advise product and business decisions and identify ways to use data and models to develop new capabilities. We are an interdisciplinary team leveraging experts in analytics, data science, and user and audience research to improve the world's leading livestreaming platform.
Our team seeks an outstanding econometrician with demonstrated experience tackling large-scale time-series forecasting challenges. We prize creative problem solvers with the ability to adapt and extend cutting-edge forecasting models to the unique Twitch environment. Our problems include forecasting demand for hundreds of thousands of products and nowcasting impacts of new programs. The ideal candidate combines acumen in statistics and applied time-series modeling to grapple with these and other challenges and guide decision-making at the highest levels of Twitch.
· Drive Twitch's knowledge of users and creators through research projects in time-series forecasting, including model development, estimation, and validation
· Partner with data scientists to integrate economic models with large-scale time-series forecasting techniques
· Autonomously identify and pursue research with significant business impact, and make compelling cases for prioritization and resource allocation
· Serve as a subject-matter expert in econometrics generally and time-series forecasting specifically. Work with team members and stakeholders to broaden access to and understanding of forecasting capabilities
· Collaborate with specialists in data science, analytics, engineering, and economics disciplines to efficiently develop reliable and reproducible techniques at scale
· Deliver well-documented datasets, tools, and reports to key technical and business stakeholders
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD in Economics, Econometrics, or highly related field (e.g, Finance)
· Expert-level facility with forecasting techniques (e.g., ARIMA) and packages (e.g., Prophet) applied at scale
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics
· Fluency in data fundamentals: data manipulation in R or Python, SQL, and statistics
· Keen judgment for balancing research depth and pacing