Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our portfolio ranges from sponsored, display, video, and custom ads to insights and reporting. With tailored solutions for all businesses, we offer flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic to help optimize strategies.
Design Technology is the custom and prototyping team for marketers and agencies. We focus on the conception, prototyping and execution of branded custom experiences across Amazon. Paired with UX, Creative, Product and Engineering, the team works together to solve customer challenges and identify opportunities to grow business.
As a lead on the Design Technology team you will split your time between execution and strategy. You will be contributing to the definition of new ad products, pre-sales, functional prototypes for user testing and custom campaigns all while working directly with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Account teams.
You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical teams and are skilled in using data and creating insights to make decisions. You are a leader in the never-ending process of improving team standards, writing documentation and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high-level of autonomy. You can translate business requirements into bar raising customer experiences by thinking first from a customer’s perspective and setting relentlessly high standards for yourself and your team.
The ideal candidate will be equally passionate about design as they are about technology as a means to enhance design. You should have strong front-end proficiency, be a creative problem solver at the core and have a keen eye for world class functional design.
You should have disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create, and deliver branded shopping experiences for millions of customers worldwide across desktop, mobile, Fire tablet, Fire TV, Alexa, IoT, Out of Home and emerging devices.
· Owning end-to-end custom development process and deliverables from a design and technical perspective
· Providing design and leadership by working closely with business teams to develop campaign strategy, use cases, and technical requirements
· Presenting work to peers, product teams and executive leadership
· Providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to your immediate and extended team
· Partnering with program and product managers to appropriately identify and assess features for future scaled product offerings.
Here are some things that we’re looking for:
· Proven web development experience across multiple devices, webviews, and browsers
· Proven ability to simplify and distill complex problems into intuitive and elegant experiences
· Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
· Ability to participate in the full lifecycle of design and development -- including ideation, prototyping, development, backwards compatibility, failovers, validation, and user-testing
· Familiarity with Android and iOS development
· Familiarity with AR, VR, Alexa, Voice Design and/or facial recognition
· Familiarity of Java/Ruby/Python/Obj-C, Swift or OpenCV
· Has a passion for digital marketing, advertising, and understanding metrics
· Familiar with Financial Services, Cable and Wireless advertising and technology
· BS/MS in computer science, technology, design, or equivalent professional experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Available online portfolio
· 2+ years of experience as a front-end technologist, engineer, or UX prototyper.
· Coding samples in front end programming languages
· Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
· Demonstrable experience as lead designer/technologist
· Experience using AWS in production environments
· Understanding of performance and how to mitigate latency issues