Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a strong Compiler engineer to join our Advanced Technology Group. He or she will be building compiler backends for various neural network accelerators. This candidate must have had experience developing compilers, preferably starting
from architecture through several generations of delivery to customers. Deep knowledge of resource management, scheduling, code generation and optimization are needed. The ideal candidate will have
worked on new instruction set architectures, which may include CPU, NPU, GPU and other forms of compute. This engineer will lead the design and implementation of a new compiler. This engineer will work with system architects, hardware engineers and external users both within and external to Amazon to ensure this new compiler can work with existing environments and will ensure existing programming paradigms and semantics can be maintained.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
· 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
· 3+ years of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience in compiler development, starting from architecture through several generations of delivery to customers
· End to End Compiler design and implementation
· Strong C/C++ knowledge
· Object oriented design methodology and knowledge of relevant design patterns