Does the challenge of advancing one of the world’s most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that drives billions of dollars in revenue excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
Our team is looking for a talented and experienced Technical Program Manager to work at the intersection of Applied Science, Data Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product Management. We design and build a scalable, consistent, and accurate machine learning models that power the growth of our sellers on Amazon.
Specifically, you will be working cross functionally across a number of science, engineering, and business teams to re-think and innovate Data Collection and ML implementation in Amazon’s Seller Development product space. You will prioritize the order by which we build the architecture components considering both needs of the ML models and the needs of the customer. You will drive alignment on annotation schema, historical and on-line data collection, and how ML can be best applied to drive seller growth. You will also drive a ecosystem of science partners in collaboration with our team to democratize ML models and recommendations.
A successful candidate works effectively with the ML and engineering teams as their customers to identify product features, to represent technologies that have or have not been launched accurately, and to effectively communicate to engineers why a particular technology feature is useful/has value.
You will discuss how to handle the architectural differences between two technology offerings, and drive the right technology design outcomes, participate in the high ambiguity phase and assists development teams with technical trade-offs, and diagnose technical problems with a customer’s engineering team and is able to manage product reliability issues with engineers.
You are an effective communicator, have demonstrated the ability to earn the trust of stakeholders across a cross-functional team of individuals, are data-driven, and have experience managing complex business and technical challenges. You are customer obsessed and not afraid to get your hands dirty navigating requirements from different business teams. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and with each other. You are willing to experiment, fail fast, learn and iterate to improve. You understand and account for the implications of your work to front line operations.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
· 5+ years of TPM experience
· High level familiarity with data mining or machine learning
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
· 3+ years of TPM experience
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives both technical and non-technical.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.